Founder / Director of Linking Hands
Gail is qualified as a Mainstream Teacher, specialising in Learning Support i.e. Students with Special Needs. Gail has approximately 20 years of teaching experience, 13 of those years in Learning Support.
With a distinguished career, Gail is passionate about teaching and committed to assisting students in their education journey. Her work helps to ensure positive family relationships, positive relationships with educators, while first and foremost considering the happiness and wellbeing of the student.
Gail’s work includes:
- Teaching students Literacy and Numeracy in small groups.
- Teaching students 1-on-1 in both Literacy and Numeracy.
- Assisting students, in the mainstream classroom, to access the curriculum.
- Developing Individual Education Programs.
- Procuring, creating and collating Literacy and Numeracy resources.
- Complementing teaching with the use of Mathletics, Reading Eggs, Intrepica and other interactive educational programs.
- Administering a range of standardised tests.
- Liaising with class teachers regarding student’s individual needs.
- Liaising with Language therapists, Occupational Therapists and other professionals, involved in the wellbeing and education of students.
- Liaising with the school psychologist regarding students and their needs.
- Liaising with parents on a regular basis.
- Attending regular meetings to discuss students’ progress and needs.
- Writing semester reports, hand-over documents and record cards.
- Coordinating core meetings.
- Following up on recommendations made during meetings.
- Liaising with specialists involved in supporting the student.
- Ensuring the needs (social, emotional, intellectual) are being addressed and met.
- Communicating on a regular basis with the class teacher and parents.
- Ensuring execution of plans and strategies.